A number of readers have asked about the latest Pennsylvania Department of Education’s assessment of the public school districts in Delaware County. The 2011 – 2012 PA DOE Report Card for the 13 public school districts in Delaware County is available online and can be accessed by clicking on the top link under “Education” to the right.
These report cards are an important source of information about performance and accountability, and they allow districts to compare data in a consistent way and highlight opportunities for improvement. The School Report Cards will show not only the achievement of students overall, but also the progress that disaggregated groups are making in closing achievement gaps. Report card data help Pennsylvania school districts and the Pennsylvania Department of Education focus on specific groups of students who are currently not meeting academic standards.
Each District Report Card includes:
• Attendance and Graduation data for the previous school year.
• An Accountability Report showing the district’s performance compared with the goals set by No Child Left Behind. Student results from the Pennsylvania System of School Assessment PSSA).
• Assessment Report compares two years of PSSA academic performance and participation data for this district. These results are displayed by grade, subject, and disaggregated group.
• Adequate Yearly Progress Status showing the schools in the district and AYP status of each.
• Teacher Qualifications includes both numbers and percentages of teachers in the school who are highly qualified.
7 of Delaware County’s 13 school districts met the Department of Education’s Annual Yearly Progress targets in 2012. Report Cards for each school are also available on this site.
• Garnet Valley School District 4 of 5 schools made AYP
• Haverford Township School District 6 of 7 schools made AYP
• Interboro School District 2 of 5 schools made AYP
• Penn-Delco School District 4 of 6 schools made AYP
• Radnor School District 5 of 5 schools made AYP
• Rose Tree Media School District 6 of 6 schools made AYP
• Wallingford-Swarthmore School District 3 of 5 schools made AYP
FAILED TO MAKE AYP - Status
• Chichester School District Warning 2 of 6 schools made AYP
• Marple Newtown School District Warning 5 of 6 schools made AYP
• Springfield School District Warning 4 of 5 schools made AYP
• William Penn School District Warning 0 of 11 schools made AYP
• Upper Darby School District District Improvement I 2 of 13 schools made AYP
• Chester-Upland School District Corrective Action II - 6th Year 1 of 9 schools made AYP